Cliff Avril: Playoffs in '09 "very, very possible"

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lions DE Cliff Avril, from his blog,is backing up teammate Kevin Smith's prediction of making the playoffs this season. "I think that is very, very possible," Avril says. "I’m definitely right with Kevin, we have a good enough team. Now it’s all about getting out there and proving it." Avril also praised the Lions' front office for its performance since season's end:

I think the team has made some great moves during the off-season going out and getting players we need. We’re building the foundation, now we just have to go out and make things happen.
Cue the Jim Mora press conference clip. I guess I like the confidence, but bold predictions coming off 0-16 are going to get mocked and ridiculed until you start creating W's on the field. Agree? Disagree? Talk about it in The Den!