Another good look at the new unis, on the rooks

Monday, May 18, 2009

From a Matthew Stafford fan's blog: Matthew was in Los Angeles this past week for the NFL Players Rookie Premiere at the Los Angeles Coliseum. During the event the rookies pose for trading card pictures, sign autographs and are interviewed for websites. The LA Daily News, ESPN.com and Beckett.com have posted some photos of Matthew wearing his Detroit Lions uniform. From that event, here's a picture of Derrick Williams, Brandon Pettigrew and Stafford together: For some reason, I see the unis in a way I didn't see them when they were unveiled. Maybe it's the natural lighting. You'll never convince me they haven't gone to a lighter, teal-er shade of blue. Looks good, though, I guess. Has a more modern look. The other thing I noticed is, Matthew's a rather big boy. But check him out next to Pettigrew! What do you think? Talk about it in The Den.