Sports Illustrated's Peter King Gives Stafford Some Love

Monday, August 17, 2009

Now that CNNSi's Peter King has officially been assimilated as of this morning, perhaps the national media (we're talking to you, ESPN) will drag themselves away from Mark Sanchez's bedroom closet and into Matthew Stafford's corner.

Writes King:

"Let me be the first to say how absurd it is to answer the question I got later in the day at Detroit Metro Airport, at the gate of my flight to Indianapolis: "Hey Peter, have we got the right guy with Stafford?'' Here's what I said, and what I believe: Stafford's got an A-minus NFL arm right now. The only quarterback I'm sure who has a better one is Jay Cutler."
... although, there is something refreshing about flying under the radar, and out of ESPN's painfully embarrassing east-coast and Dallas Cowboys-emblazoned cross hairs.