Dre Bly: Still Searching For Humility

Monday, July 6, 2009

Two years after leaving the Lions as a key member of arguably the worst defense in football, Dre Bly once again found himself as a key member of arguably the worst defense in football.

But for all his bad luck Bly doesn't make excuses, he just plays the victim.
"If I wouldn't have signed, I'd have been OK with it. I mean, I would have been frustrated, but I know how the game is. I know the way things ended last year in Denver had something to do with why I didn't sign (until May).

"I was made the scapegoat," Bly said. "Especially on the other side of Champ, you're gonna take (criticism). But I don't care who you are, if you don't have a pass rush and you're not aggressive on defense, they're gonna catch a ball.

"We weren't aggressive last year in Denver. We let people take the fight to us. We were so predictable on defense. I don't make no excuses; none of us played well in the system.... People are going to question my ability, saying I'm not this, I'm not that, that's fine. I use all that for motivation."

That sound you just heard is Bly throwing the Broncos under the bus.

Discuss is Here in The Den